Southern Sports Academy Golf Squad will meet on scheduled bases for training sessions from November 2022 – April 2023 for the Your Local Clubs Academy Games (break for Christmas), to receive the most professional coaching available in the area.
The program will provide coaching, training, and athletic development to improve athletes with a view to:
• Develop the fundamental skill level of athletes, which will enhance their opportunities for selection into the Golf
• Prepare athletes to a level where their transition to any representation ‘seamless’ in terms of programs or pathways;
• Increase the level of success of those athletes at competitions and events.
In addition to the quality coaching, all scholarship holders in the Academy are also exposed to a range of workshops from our specialist consultants including workshops relating to Sports Psychology, Nutrition, Recovery, Athletic Development as well as receiving Strength and Conditioning training that is specific to their sport with complimentary gym membership.
The Southern Sports Academy understands there is a great deal more to being an outstanding athlete than what happens solely on the sporting field. To this end, the Academy provides professional tuition for its athletes on Personal Development related issues. Topics that are covered include (but are not restricted to) Leadership Skills, Goal Setting, Expectations and Obligations of the Professional Athlete, Responsible Use of Social Media, Time Management and Media Skills.
All this adds up to the Southern Sports Academy leading the way in terms of providing valuable development opportunities for junior athletes in the Southern NSW region.
Athletes in the Golf program will compete as a part of 2023 Your Local Clubs Academy Games, to be held in the Riverina 21-23rd April
Training location: Country Club Wagga.
To be eligible for consideration, nominees must be aged 14-18 years of age in 2023 (born between 2005 and 2009 inclusive).
Committed to progressing to higher representation within the sport of Golf;
Currently residing within the SSA regional catchment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Benefits are subject to pending Government Covid Restrictions
• Regular team and individual coaching sessions from November 2022 through to April 2023
• Induction and Leadership camp
• Your Local Clubs Academy Games (eligible sports)
• Participation in the Peter O’Malley Junior Masters at Bathurst
• The opportunity to be selected in the North versus South Challenge
• Muscular skeletal Screening and Athletic Development Programming
• Workshops focussing on Sports Psychology, Strength and Conditioning and Sports Medicine. Workshops relating to
athlete personal development will also be offered during the scholarship period
• Gym membership (dependent on partnerships within your local town)
• Online and face-to-face education relating to athlete personal development
• Annual presentation evening (sit-down dinner)
• Southern Sports Academy uniform
A program levy will be applicable to successful athletes. Also an athlete uniform ordered though our online clothing supplier Puma is required for new athletes.
Athlete levies are subsidised by minimum $100 worth or raffle ticket sales by athletes, this program is also eligible for the NSW Government Active Kids $100 voucher rebate.
* Scholarships are not in the form of a monetary sum but enable the athlete to participate in Academy development programs at a greatly reduced rate.