Josh Hanlon (Para Alpine skiing)
Para Sport athletes receive individual cash grants and access to the Southern Sports Academy sporting consultants. The Para Sport scholarship is designed to assist athletes to meet costs associated with training and competing at regional, state or National level, as well as provide relevant information from our range of consultants, that can contribute to improved performance.
Athletes selected in the program are required to:
- Maintain monthly communication with the Southern Sports Academy office;
- Attend the induction;
- Attend workshops with the range of Southern Sports Academy consultants;
- Avail themselves for media opportunities;
- Attend the Southern Sports Academy Graduation Night.
- Attend all scheduled activities;
- The Para Sport Program needs to be prioritised as a principal commitment in the 12 month period;
- Abide by the Southern Sports Academy Code of Conduct and anti-doping policies;
- Wear academy apparel when representing the Academy at events/functions;
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes;
- Athletes may be involved in an individual or team sport;
- Indigenous athletes are strongly encouraged to apply;
- Scholarships will be awarded based on the most recent performances by the athlete at state age level or higher;
- An athlete can only have a Para Sport scholarship for 2 years;
- Athlete must be a registered member of a regional or state body.
- Financial support to the value of $750 to assist with expenses incurred in gaining access to higher quality competition, training, facility access, fees etc.
- Southern Sports Academy uniform including a full tracksuit and polo shirt;
- Muscular skeletal Screening and Athletic Development programming;
- Gym membership (dependent on partnerships within your local town);
- One ticket to the Academy Graduation Night;